Welcome to Mastodon.design!
This instance welcomes everyone makers, designers, curious people that love to build things and talk about it. Its admin is @firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although there is no registration fee, it would be SUPER nice if you'd drop a few $ / € to support Marie-Cécile with the instance hosting costs. This instance is hosted on Masto.host
for 7€/month (many thanks @Hugo
for all the good work!) and has a custom domain for 52,85€/year at Gandi.net
fo a total bill of 136,85€ per year.
Code of Conduct
This CoC has been vastly inspired from the CoC of the wonderful people at kitty.town.
If you would like to join Mastodon.design or already have, you agree to behave according to our Code of Conduct below:
Please make sure you caption the images you upload. Once uploaded, hover the image: it will reveal the caption field.
You agree to put sensitive topics behind a content warning (CW) (photos must be marked with the eye symbol - after uploading, before posting). Here are a few topics you'd want to CW:
- Graphic violence / gore
- Sexual content / nudity
- Hate topics (racism / sexism / homophobia / transphobia, etc)
- Depression / suicide / mental health (you can add (-) or (+) to indicate tone)
- Flashing video / gifs
- Drug / alcohol use
- Food / diet / weight
When in doubt, CW. More people than you think can be badly affected by specific topics, or just the current state of our world. If you think that anyone could suffer from reading your content, please hide it behind a Content Warning and mask your pictures.
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in a ban from Mastodon.design:
- Plagiarism (see definition)
- Posting other people's work/photos/art without credit
- Untagged pornography and sexually explicit content
- Untagged gore and graphic violence
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism
- Intentional misinformation
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in a ban from Mastodon.design:
Any conduct intended to stalk, harass, or intimidate other users, or to impede other users from utilising the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions is forbidden and subject to punishment up to and including a ban from Mastodon.design.
- Sexual depictions of children
- Holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism
- Conduct promoting the ideology of fascism/radical nationalism
- Promoting the oppression of any group based on gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or class
This can include, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically requested for said engagement to cease may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment
- Posting and/or disseminating a person's posts ("toots"), including screen captures or any other content without express permission
- Intentionally posting or disseminating libel, slander, or other disinformation.
This Code of Conduct applies both to content and behavior online and to public spaces when an individual is representing Mastodon.design.
Reports of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be made by using the report button. All reports will be reviewed and dealt with as soon as possible. Admins are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident.
The Admin reserves the right to revoke any user's content on or access to Mastodon.design at any time, for any reason.
Thanks to Ginny McQueen
for the creation of the original CoC these ones are vastly inspired from.